Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Just one more day

Phil is coming home tomorrow from 12 days in Uganda, Praise the Lord! I can't wait to post photos from his trip! Just his text messages have expressed what an amazing experience this has been. 

"just saw a huge pig on the back of a moped"

"I'm seeing my first African sunrise at 5:45 am and many sweet children walking to school up and down hilly pot hole filled roads again.... God Bless them.  Now it's beginning to rain"

"Tons of little smiling faces will swam around you wanting to touch you and hold you hand"

"Peter prayed like I've never heard before, we sang, gave gifts to the teachers, I spoke words of encouragement to them, and needless 2 say I cried.  God was very good."

"I was schooled in worship today.  4 different sermons by 4 Ugandan ministers.  Preaching the likes of which you've never seen and singing as well... all under a big tree on the farm... I've never worshiped/prayed like that in my life..."

"I was asked to speak again twice today to the men.... one of the greatest experiences of my life... all in a ridiculously beautiful setting.  I'm in love with Africans.  And you all.  Love you all more than ever."

"I just stood 5 feet away from a baboon.  Our guide gave him a banana."

"Just got charged at by an elephant .....  we ran obviously.  It was not a full blown charge, 20-30 yards away....  speaking in church tomorrow, please pray"

"met the sweetest child this AM..... Charles.  Orphaned and at church all alone.  12 y.o. but looked  8 or 9..."

"safe in Amsterdam.. can't wait to see you all"


No comments: